Did you know that your skin is the largest organ in your body? You might not even know that skin is an organ!
Women today are obsessed with their looks. The cosmetic industry is huge and it’s all about anti-aging products. It appears as though no woman today wants to look like her mother did at the same age! Magazines are filled with advertisements that sing the praises of this or that skin-care product, but remember, the companies that make those products are paying a lot of money for those ads!
The biggest complaint about skin is dryness. There are a number of factors that contribute to dry skin, especially during the colder months of the year. Forced hot air heating systems, showering in water that is too hot and the cold and wind can dry skin. A lack of Vitamins A and B may also cause dry skin conditions, so can type 2 Diabetes.
There is plenty written about the chemicals used to make beauty and skin care products, so, here are some natural ways to keep your skin soft, clean and clear:
• Stay well-hydrated by drinking plenty of filtered tap or spring water
• Avoid the use of harsh soaps which cause further drying of the skin
• Eat lots of red and orange fruits (apples, oranges, plums, grapes, cherries, peaches)
• Use pure coconut oil that hasn’t been processed or treated in any way; it also helps skin conditions such as acne and eczema
• Reduce contact with skin irritants such as detergents, soaps, woolen materials, or cleaning fluids
• Manage you stress that may contribute to skin problems by taking yoga, meditating, or exercising on a regular basis
Since stress can contribute to certain skin conditions, such as eczema and psoriasis, make sure you are also keeping up with your regular chiropractic adjustment schedule. We want you to have soft, clear skin that is a byproduct of a healthy nervous system. So, keep up with your regular adjustment schedule to maintain a healthy glow, without losing your shirt on costly creams and cosmetics!